Transfer from Stansted Airport to Oxford
Before the University, before the colleges, Oxford is an architectural collection. The buildings perfectly blend the architectural styles of the past centuries. Most monuments belong to colleges and, unfortunately, only few of them are accessible to visitors. But don’t worry, they’re still many places you are allowed to see and the charm of Oxford can be seen almost everywhere so you will not have too much to lose. Any true visit to the Oxford cultural center should begin at The Oxford Story – an unconventional exhibition showing the Universities 800 years of history. After you’ve visited The Oxford Story you can choose to move to one of the following main attractions:
– Merton College, the oldest in Oxford, established in 1264;
– All Souls College, located in an impressive building with two towers and solar clock, designed by Christopher Wren;
– Divinity School, a 15th century building designed in a Gothic style.
– Ashmolean Museum (1683)
– Sheldonian Theatre (1662-1669)
– The Observatory
– The Botanical Garden
– St. Frideswide Cathedral of Christ Church College (1170-1180, completed in 1225, with the tower and adjacent buildings built between 1525-1546)
– Merton College Chapel (1276)
– Magdalen College Chapel (1475-1481)
– Lincoln College Chapel (c. 17)
– Radcliffe Camera (1739-1749)
– Carfax Tower where you can admire the city panorama
– Sheldonian Theatre
– St.Mary the Virgin Church
– St. Michael Church
The charm of the city is increased by even more theaters, museums, winding streets, all seeming to remind of a picture painted by a great master.
Transfer from London Stansted Airport to Oxford by Rail:
In order to get a transfer from London Stansted Airport to Oxford by rail, you need to take the National Rail Service from Stansted to Liverpool Street Station. Once you have arrived at Liverpool Street Station you will have to take the tube to Paddington Station, where, you will finally have the possibility to take a direct connection to Oxford. Other transport options include taking a taxi transfer from Stansted Airport, Liverpool Street Station or Paddington Station to Oxford.
Transfer from London Stansted Airport to Oxford by Car:
In order to get from Stansted Airport to Oxford by car, you have to take the M25 followed by the M40 motorway. The distance between Stansted Airport and Oxford is of 98.1 miles.
Transfer from London Stansted Airport to Oxford by Taxi:
A Taxi Transfer from London Stansted Airport to Oxford with 247 Airport Transfer will take approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes. The Stansted Airport Transfer to Oxford will cost approximately 132 GBP for a saloon car.
Macdonald Randolph Hotel::Cotswold Lodge Classic Hotel::Tree Hotel at Iffley::The Bocardo Guest Accommodation::Vanbrugh House Hotel
Rail::Coach::Car Rentals::Flight Tickets
Travel and Holidays::London Pass::Latest Events – London and Abroad::UK Deals