Family Visits in East London
Museum of Childhood -> Hackney City Farm -> Revolution Karting -> Dane’s Yard Kitchen -> Victoria Park -> Tumble in the Jungle -> Waltham Forest Pool and Track
East London is an attractive area for kids and their parents. It features numerous places to visit and a wide array of activities that the children must try. This Family Visit we are about to suggest will help you spend a pleasant time in the Capital, even though you will be travelling with the little ones. Read through and pick your favourite locations to go with the whole family.
- The Museum of Childhood must definitely be on the top of your list. It is a subsidiary branch of the bigger Victoria and Albert Museum. This location features hands-on displays, workshops and drop-in activities for both adults and children. Also, don’t miss the temporary displays and exhibitions. The museum is also home to a nice café that serves coffee, cakes, salads, sandwiches and lunches. The admission is free and the museum is opened daily, from 10am till 5:45pm. The venue is situated on Cambridge Heath Road, E2 9PA.
- You can’t continue the tour without first stopping at the Hackney City Farm, at 1 Goldsmiths Row, E2 8QA. It is opened from Tuesday to Sunday, between 10am and 4:30pm. Go there around 4pm if you want to catch the feeding time. The farm houses big pigs, sheep, calves and other small petting animals. The stars are Larry the donkey and Amber the goat. The farm often organizes farm trails, educational projects, craft courses and exhibitions. There is no entry fee, but the donations are encouraged.
Take a transfer from the Museum of Childhood to Hackney City Farm and you will pay only £11 (£2.75/person). You will get to the farm in almost 10 minutes.
- Children love karting, so why not fulfil their wishes by taking them to Revolution Karting. Take your kids on this modern kart track and let them enter the speed world. Everything is safe and under professional supervision, so you will not have to worry about the safety of your children. There is even a beginners’ level for those new to this sport. The centre is opened from Monday to Saturday, between 10am and 12am and on Sundays from 9am to 12am. A session costs £25. The address is 422 Mile End Park, E3 4AA.
Revolution Karting is 15 minutes away from Hackney City Farm. A transfer between the two destinations will cost £11 per vehicle and £2.75 per passenger.
- A nice place to eat with your children is Dane’s Yard Kitchen, 133 High Street, E15 2RB. Its British cuisine features delicacies for the little ones. Otherwise, they are mainly specialised in salads and fresh dishes. A meal will cost you approximately £25. The opening hours are 10am – 10pm from Monday to Friday and 10am – 5pm on Sundays.
From Revolution Karting to Dane’s Yard Kitchen you are going to take a transfer and pay £11 (£2.75 / person). The transfer will last 10 minutes.
- An attraction that must not miss from your Family Visit in East London is Victoria Park, one of the largest parks in the metropolis. The public voted it as their favourite park because it features numerous facilities. It has 2 cafes, a skate park, 2 huge playgrounds, a water play area, football pitches, a boating lake, cricket nets, tennis courts and a bowls green. We believe it will be quite difficult for you to take your kids out of there, but it would be a pity to deprive them from o much fun. Victoria Park is located on Grove Road, E9 5HT, it has no entry fee and it is opened every day between 8am and dusk.
A minicab between Dane’s Yard Kitchen and Victoria Park will cost £11 or £2.75 per individual if the car is full. The journey will take almost 20 minutes.
- After you’ve walked in the Victoria Park, you can Tumble in the Jungle. This magnificent jungle adventure will take place in the very heart of the city. This play area welcomes small and big children and will offer them plenty of exercise. The prices are £1 for adults, £3.50 for children and free for toddlers under 1 year. On weekdays, the centre is opened from 9:30am until 6pm and on weekends it is opened from 10am until 6pm. The address is 245 Wood St, E17 3NT.
The transfer from Victoria Park to Tumble in the Jungle will take almost 20 minutes and will cost £17 per car and £4.25 per passenger.
- The last destination of our suggested tour is Waltham Forest Pool and Track, 170 Chingford Road, E17 5AA. It features a diving pool, a teaching pool, a main pool and various other sporting opportunities. There is also an adventure area where the kids can play and have lots of fun. The ball ponds maze is the main attraction of the centre. The opening times are 7am – 10pm during the weekdays and 8am – 5pm on weekends.
From Tumble in the Jungle to Waltham Forest Pool and Track, you can use our transfer service and pay £11 per car and £2.75 per person. The trip will take no longer than 10 minutes.
This Family Visit in East London will take around 8 hours and 25 minutes. The price for the minicab transport is £72/vehicle and £18/person. With 10% discount, you obtain £65 per car and £17 per passenger.
London City Suites::South Place Hotel::The Montcalm At Brewery London City::Malmaison London::The Zetter Hotel
Rail::Coach::Car Rentals::Flight Tickets
Travel and Holidays::London Pass::Latest Events – London and Abroad::UK Deals