Family Visits in South East London
Sea Life London Aquarium -> Meadowside Leisure Centre -> Locale County Hall -> Greenwich Park -> Planetarium at the Royal Observatory -> 1st Bowl Lewisham -> Cutty Sark Clipper Ship
South East London is one of the most vibrant areas in the Capital. It features a large variety of attractions not only for the adults, but also for the little ones. City farms, leisure centres, parks and many others can be found and enjoyed here. Take your kids on an amazing and playful journey in South East London!
- What better way to start this Family Visit than with the Sea Life London Aquarium? It is located in the heart of London, on Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7PB and it will immediately become your kids’ favourite attraction in the city. It is home to hundreds of varieties of sea life and fish such as starfish, rays, seahorses, and even piranhas and sharks. On Fridays, Wednesdays and Mondays, you can see how the fish are fed. The aquarium is opened from 10am till 5pm between Monday and Thursday and from 10am till 6pm between Friday and Sunday. The tickets cost:
– Adult: between £19.80 and £22.80
– Child: between £14.40 and £17.40
– Family: £66.40
- Following the Sea Life London Aquarium, you can visit the Meadowside Leisure Centre, Tudway Road, SE3 9XT. The main activity practiced in this leisure centre is roller skating, so if your kids enjoy this sport, you must definitely come here. The centre is opened during weekdays from 7:15am till 10:00pm and on weekends, from 8am till 6pm. The prices for activities start from £2.25 for juniors and £3.30 for adults. For families, the costs begin from £8.85.
A transfer between the Sea Life London Aquarium and Meadowside Leisure Centre will cost £20 per car and £5 per passenger with the car full. The transfer will last almost 35 minutes.
- If your kids are hungry, take them to the Locale County Hall, an Italian restaurant with a delicious menu for children, including pasta and pizza. The eatery is located at 3b Belvedere Road, SE1 7GP. The kids’ menu, including a drink, dessert and a main course costs only £6.95. The opening times are Monday – Sunday, between 12pm and 10:30pm.
From Meadowside Leisure Centre to Locale County Hall, you can use our transfer service and pay £21 per car and £5.25 per individual. The journey will last 35 minutes.
- Greenwich Park is a great place to take your kids for a walk. This is one of the best known Royal Parks and it is home for numerous birds, foxes and deer. It also features a playground for the little ones, a bandstand and lots of entertainment including workshops and puppet shows. It includes full facilities and various refreshment points. The park is located in Greenwich, postcode SE10 8QY. There is no entry fee and the facility is opened year round, from 6am till late in the evening.
A transfer from Locale County Hall to Greenwich Park will cost only £18 per vehicle and £4.5 per passenger. The transfer will last around 30 minutes.
- Since you’re already in the Greenwich Park, you can take advantage of this opportunity and visit the Royal Observatory and the Planetarium, Greenwich, SE10 9NF. Here, you will see the World’s Prime Meridian and Greenwich Mean Time. The Planetarium is the only one in London. Other things that you will see here are the largest refracting telescope in the United Kingdom and the Harrison timekeepers. This visit will be both educational and entertaining. The Observatory is opened daily, between 10am and 6pm. The Astronomy Centre requires no entry fee, but the ticket for the Meridian Courtyard and the Flamsteed House will cost £7 per day. You can walk from Greenwich Park to the Royal Observatory.
- Do your kids love bowling? Then, you have to take them to 1st Bowl Lewisham, 11 to 29 Belmont Hill, SE13 5AU. It features gutter guards and a special ramp for children under 6. The centre is opened from Monday to Saturday, between 10am and 11pm and on Sundays, from 10am till 10:30pm.
The transfer from the Royal Observatory to 1st Bowl Lewisham will cost you £11 for a minicab and £2.75 for a passenger. The trip will last almost 10 minutes.
- Finally, you can visit the Cutty Sark Clipper Ship. This is the last tea clipper that has survived until date. You are welcomed to go aboard and analyse this great ship. It features a café where you can enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. Cutty Sark is opened from Tuesday to Sunday, between 10am and 5pm. The ticket for children is £6.50 and for adults is £12. The kids under 5 enter free of charge. The ship is located on King William Walk, SE10 9HT.
The transport from 1st Bowl Lewisham to Cutty Sark Clipper Ship will cost £11 per car and £2.75 per individual. The transfer between the two destinations will last almost 15 minutes.
A minicab for this Family Visit in South East London will cost almost £81, meaning that it will be around £21 per person. The 10% discount offered by 247 Airport Transfer will lower the prices to £73/car and £19/individual. The suggested tour will last almost 9 hours and 30 minutes.
London City Suites::South Place Hotel::The Montcalm At Brewery London City::Malmaison London::The Zetter Hotel
Rail::Coach::Car Rentals::Flight Tickets
Travel and Holidays::London Pass::Latest Events – London and Abroad::UK Deals