Family Visits in South West London
The Royal Mews -> Pottery Café -> Gambado -> Blue Elephant -> Battersea Dogs and Cats Home -> Battersea Park Children’s Zoo -> Deen City Farm
Visiting South West London with kids? Then, you have come to the right place because we are just about to present you one of our recommended Family Visits in the British Capital. Take your children to South Western London and you will discover a world full of activities and goodies for the little ones. You can leave them play for hours under professional supervision, while you take some time for yourself and relax. Or, if you want to, you can also enter their universe and remember your own childhood.
- Let’s start this tour from the very heart of London – Buckingham Palace. Here, you will find The Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace Road, SW1W 1QH. This is a working stable that houses the royal vehicles utilised for various official occasions and engagements. Basically, you will see what the Royal Family uses as transportation means. The Gold State Coach, used in 2002, at The Golden Jubilee, is also displayed here. During school holidays and on weekends, there is an education room for the families, offering exciting and engaging activities. In the winter, The Royal Mews are opened from 10am till 4pm and in the summer it is opened from 10am till 5pm. The tickets range from £5.20 for a child ticket to £22 for a family ticket.
- The following stop is the Pottery Café, SW6 5UL, 735 Fulham Road. This is the place where children can play with paint and get their hands dirty. The studio is opened on Mondays (11am – 6pm), from Tuesday till Saturday (10am – 6pm) and on Sundays (11am – 5pm). The entry fee is only £5.95. The kids will love decorating pottery and leaving their fingerprints on plates, bowls and tea pots. You can sit with them and help them. It will be a fun experience.
The transfer from The Royal Mews to the Pottery Café will be £2.75 / person (£11 per car) and it will last around 15 minutes.
- The perfect place to take your kids in South West London is Gambado, 7 Station Court, SW6 2PY. It is one of London’s largest play frames and it features, among others, a Tiger Pots Carousel, a junior climbing wall and special dodgems. It’s a heaven for the little ones. You can benefit from fresh coffee and the kids can drink juices and even have some bites to eat. The centre is opened daily, between 9:30am and 5:30pm. On weekdays the prices range from £2.50 to £9.75 and on weekends and peak hours, the prices are between £3.95 and £10.25. One ticket will allow you to use the facility as long as you or your kids want.
From the Pottery Café to Gambado, you can take a minicab that will cost £2.75 / person and £11 / car. The transfer will take almost 10 minutes.
- After so many activities, you will most definitely deserve a break and even a snack. For this, you could go to the Blue Elephant, a family friendly eatery in South West London. It is located at 4 Fulham Broadway, SW6 1AA and it features delicious Thai dishes. There is no actual menu for the little ones, but there are activities for them including face painting and lots of entertainment. It is opened daily, from 12pm till 11pm.
From Gambado to the Blue Elephant you can use the services of a minicab company and you will pay almost £11 per car and £2.75 per passenger. The transfer will take no more than 10 minutes.
- Children love animals and the vice versa is also available. If you want to take your kids to a place they will love, go to the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, SW8 4AA, 4 Battersea Park Road. It is opened daily from 10:30am till 5pm. And the tours are held regularly. It’s the perfect opportunity for the children to play with the puppies and the cats and learn about taking care of them. At the end of the tour, you can donate some money for the charity and even take a furry little friend back home with you.
The transfer from The Blue Elephant to the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home will take 15 minutes and it will cost £2.75 per individual and £11 per car.
- Since you are in this sector, you can continue with a trip to the Battersea Park Children’s Zoo, SW11 4NJ, Battersea Park. Numerous souls and creatures can be found here: peacocks, farmyard animals, monkeys, otters and lemurs. These animals are well maintained and cared for and the kids can also go to the Adventure Playground and have lots of fun there. The children will have the opportunity to sit on a tractor or a fire engine. The zoo is opened from 10am till dusk in the winter and from 10am till 5:30pm in the summer. The tickets cost £6 for children, £7.50 for adults and £25 for families.
The transfer from the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home to Battersea Park Children’s Zoo is £11/car and £2.75/ passenger. The journey will last 5 minutes.
- Lastly, you can go see the Deen City Farm, 39 Windsor Avenue, SW19 2RR. It seems that we remain in the animal world, as this farm is home to geese, ducks, chickens, horses and goats. Children can play with them and participate in various programmes at the Young Farmers Club. The kids will play with the animals, feed and groom them and they can also enjoy games, crafts and arts. There are also pony and horse rides.
A minicab transfer from Battersea Park Children’s Zoo to Deen City Farm will be £4.5 for a passenger and £18 for the car. The trip will last around 30 minutes.
The Family Visit in South West London will take around 8 hours and 35 minutes. The transport will cost you £73 per vehicle and £19 per passenger and with 10% discount, you can pay £66 per minicab and £17 per individual.
London City Suites::South Place Hotel::The Montcalm At Brewery London City::Malmaison London::The Zetter Hotel
Rail::Coach::Car Rentals::Flight Tickets
Travel and Holidays::London Pass::Latest Events – London and Abroad::UK Deals