Luxury Tours in West London
Kensington Palace State Apartments -> The Roof Gardens -> Leighton House Museum -> Serpentine Gallery Summer Pavilion -> Beach Blanket Babylon
If you don’t like traveling on a budget, but instead you are looking for the ultimate luxurious experiences in London, then this guide was created especially for you. London is one of the most expensive cities in the world and if you are searching for luxury and extravaganza, here is where you must come. West London has its share of elegance, as you can see below.
- A Luxury Tour in West London can start with the beautiful and majestic Kensington Palace (Kensington Gardens, W8 4PX). Here is where Queen Victoria was born and from 1981 till 1997 it was Princess Diana’s home. The Victorian Rooms are truly impressive and stunning. Walk through the halls and admire the original furnishings of the castle and the numerous family portraits, as well as various precious works of art and paintings from the Royal Collection. The Cupola Room and the Royal Ceremonial Dress Collection are also not to be missed. The palace is opened every day from 10am and it closes at 6pm in the summer and 5pm in the winter. An adult ticket costs £14.50 per adult and it’s free for kids.
- Since you are located in Kensington, you can make a stop at the magnificent Roof Gardens. They’re like nothing you have seen before and you will definitely want to come back here. They are situated at 99 Kensington High Street, W8 5SA and they belong to Virgin Limited Edition Group. It consists of 3 large themed gardens, featuring a flowing stream, no less than 70 trees and a few… flamingos. They offer a full experience, being a restaurant, bar, club and garden at the same time. Book in advance if you want to be sure about your table.
Take an elegant transfer from Kensington Palace to the Roof Gardens and pay around £26 for an Executive car. The transfer will last almost 5 minutes.
- Let’s move on to the next attraction that is Leighton House Museum (12 Holland Park Road, W14 8LZ) and that is considered to be one of London’s most opulent museums. You will definitely not be impressed by its size, as it is very small, but you will be stunned by the things you’ll see inside. It dates from the 19th century and it used to be Lord Leighton’s home. It features domed ceilings, golden mosaics, trickling fountains, elaborate paintwork and lots of marble. So, it would be a pity not to visit it. The museum is opened every day, except Tuesdays, from 10am till 5:30pm and on Fridays, it closes at 10pm. The adult ticket is £5.
From the Roof Gardens to the Leighton House Museum, you can take a minicab transfer, such as a luxurious Executive Car and pay £26 for a 5-minute journey.
- The next attraction might not be opened year round, but it is still a big event in the VIP world. It’s called the Serpentine Gallery Summer Pavilion (W2 3XA) and, as you have certainly guessed, it is opened only in the summer. It’s housed in the Kensington Gardens and every year it is built by a different renowned architect. There is also a summer party that accompanies the opening of the pavilion and that is visited by numerous celebrities, so you should be there to see them.
A stylish transfer from Leighton House Museum to Serpentine Gallery Summer Pavilion with an Executive car will cost you approximately £26. The journey will last around 10 minutes.
- Last, but not least, we assume that you might also want to have a drink in style. For this, we recommend you the Beach Blanket Babylon (45 Ledbury Road, W11 2AA), an absolutely extravagant bar with royal and unique decorations that will make you stop for a second and wonder if you really are in a bar or a museum. The vintage furniture dates from 100 years ago and it is extremely well maintained. You can also eat here, as they have a top of the line restaurant too. Beach Blanket Babylon is opened every day, from 12pm till 12am.
Take a minicab transfer from Serpentine Gallery Summer Pavilion to Beach Blanket Babylon and you will pay around £26. The trip will last almost 15 minutes.
A Luxury Tour in West London as presented above will last approximately 6 hours and 45 minutes. The transport for this small journey will cost you £104 for the Executive car and £94 with a 10% discount offered by 247 Airport Transfer.
London City Suites::South Place Hotel::The Montcalm At Brewery London City::Malmaison London::The Zetter Hotel
Rail::Coach::Car Rentals::Flight Tickets
Travel and Holidays::London Pass::Latest Events – London and Abroad::UK Deals